All students of the Department of Korean Studies are eligible to receive a 50% tuition scholarship for $ semesters if they maintain a GPA of 3.0 (B) of above.
A few exceptional students of the Korean Language Education and Korean Studies will receive a 100% tuition scholarship for 4 semesters after undergoing a screening process.
Students who are recognized to need more help for living or to be excellent in his or her studies could be receive additional scholarship after screening of Head of Korean Studies from the “Ra Jong-yil Scholarship Fund”.
The entrance fee will not be waived however.
Other Scholarships for International Students
Hanyang International Scholarship Program (HISP) HISP grantees are selected based on scholastic achievement at their previously attended institution among applicants who are eligible to apply for the HISP.
- 1) Qualification: GPA from the previously attended institution must be 80 or higher when converted to a 100 scale
- 2) Benefits: 100%, 70% or 50% reduction in tuition
- 3) Scholarship period: Eight semesters (undergraduate) or four semesters (postgraduate)
Hanyang International Excellence Awards (HIEA) HIEA is awarded to international students who have achieved notable academic progress at Hanyang University.
- 1) Qualification: Students who achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 the previous semester
- 2) Recipients are selected by paper screening and interview. Recipients will receive 70%, 50% or 30% tuition reduction according to their evaluation results.
- 3)Scholarship period: One semester
Hanyang Scholarship for Excellence in Language Proficiency Hanyang Scholarship for Excellence in Language Proficiency is awarded to applicants who have passed the TOPIK level 5 or 6, or achieved a TOEFL IBT score of 90 or higher.
- 1) Benefits: 30% reduction in tuition
- 2) Scholarship period: The first semester only