Term of Study&Years required for graduation
- - Both the Master’s and Doctorate Programs last for 2 years for graduation and the combined Master’s and Doctorate Program
lasts for 4 years.
- - The term of study, which includes the years required for graduation, cannot exceed 7 years for the Master’s Programs and 9 years
for the Doctorate Programs, respectively.
(Please note that leave of absences are not counted in the terms of study.)
- - 42 credits are required for one to obtain a Master’s degree or a Doctorate degree.
(Please note that the Global Social Economics major and Global Intelligence major require 36 credits, not 42.)
- - A maximum of12 credits can be obtained in one semester for Master’s and Doctorate Programs.
However, you can register for a total of 15 credits, including the prerequisite courses.
|Korean Language Education
||Global Social Economics
Exemption from prerequisite courses
- - Students must take the required prerequisite courses according to major, and these credits are not included in the acquired credits.
If students have taken the same course in undergrad or grad school, they may be exempted by submitting a report card or a transcript of an official language exam.
||Chinese I, Chinese II
||Russian I, Russian II
||English I, English II
||Korean I, Korean II
|Global Social Economics Major and Global Intelligence Major do not apply.
- - Students can take one class a semester from another graduate university or major.
In such cases students must receive a formal approval from the Dean and submit it to the administration office for the credits to be recognized.
- - Up to 12 received credits can be accepted if one has previously taken the same or similar courses at another foreign or Korean graduate university or an institute of the same course of study.
- - The minimum grade for transfer is B. The college or program determines how the course may be used to meet degree requirements.
- - The point of obtaining the past credits must not be more than 3 years ago in the case of the Master’s Programs and 5 years in the case of the Doctorate Programs.
- - If all the above applies, students must then submit the “Application for transferring credits “form along with an academic transcript and receive the Dean’s approval.
- - This does not reduce the duration of the term of study.
Recognition of Acquired credits
- With the approval of the Dean, students are able to change at least 1 courses’ credits during 4 semesters from
전공선택(Major Elective) to 공통선택(General Elective)and 공통선택(General Elective)to 전공선택(Major elective).
However, Korean Studies majors (Master’s and Doctorate) and students in Doctorate Programs in all majors are able to apply for this without regard to the number of courses.
- - Courses taken in the Graduate School of Business are able to be changed to 전공선택(Major Elective).
- - Although there are no allocated credits of 전공필수과목(Major Required course)in the credit acquisition system in the Doctorate Programs, if students take a 전공필수(Major Required course) in their major or take a 공통필수(General Required course) in the Master’s Program, they are able to change the credits to 전공선택(Major Elective)or 공통선택(General elactive).
(Students must have received the approval of the Dean after receiving credits and submitted the confirmation document to the administrative document in the required time frame- applies to students who were admitted to school after 2013.)
Applying for changing majors
- - Students can apply change of department (major)once, only before the end of the first semester after enrollment with
the approval of the Dean of the department Students must fill out the application form for changing majors and receive
the Dean’s Seal before and after the major has been changed.